“Whoever has My commands and obeys them, he is the one who loves Me”.

Jesus - John 14:21a

“Following hard after Jesus is the heart’s natural response

when it has been captured and has fallen deeply in love with Him”.

-from “Captivating”


Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Not for vegetarians

Sometimes I look at the things that happen here and I am just amazed. You will probably think I am making this up but I am not. Lee, my boss, came home from a brief trip to Ouagadougou in Burkina Faso tonight. He called for us all to come and watch as he opened a cardboard box. Of course, knowing Lee as I do I am keeping my distance. I was pretty sure there was some kind of animal in there - like a snake or an anesthetized goat or something. So he opens the box and what is in there....a whole skinned calf! Yes it is true. And what is "wrong on so many levels" (as I like to say) is that this thing was bought at the airport, packed in a cardboard box without any kind of lining or wrapping and transported on an airplane. Not as carry-on luggage I am happy to say but still. The TSA would just pass out if they knew what goes on around the world. Anyway, there it is and below is a picture of Lee with tomorrow's dinner as well as Liz Ackley, one of the girls who has been staying with us for the last 3 weeks. I was not nearly brave enough to touch it. I don't even like to touch raw chicken. True confession - I learned to crack eggs one handed b/c I don't like touching anything from a chicken. (I just look at and talk to Dixie but don't touch her). Scary that the Lord sent me to Africa isn't it? Just wait until three years is up... I will either be a bigger baby or I'll be carrying my own raw meat on the airplane!

No comments: