“Whoever has My commands and obeys them, he is the one who loves Me”.

Jesus - John 14:21a

“Following hard after Jesus is the heart’s natural response

when it has been captured and has fallen deeply in love with Him”.

-from “Captivating”


Friday, March 14, 2008

A new perspective is growing

God is lifting up me up in the middle of things. Circumstances are pretty much the same – my roommate and several friends finish their terms and leave Ghana for good in a couple of months, the homesickness ebbs and flows and the culture stress is still present – BUT God is good and His lovingkindness flows to me. My perspective is changing bit by bit starting with focusing on God’s word, especially Psalms 91 and 84, Isaiah 41:10 and Zephaniah 3:17, and believing the truths I read there. The Beth Moore study I am currently doing, Jesus the One and Only, is deepening my understanding of the sacrifice Christ made when coming to earth and how much He loves me. And listening to praise music no matter how I feel helps me to lift up the name of the Lord. On the practical side, I have made plans to get away for a few days at Easter and also this summer and I am really looking forward to that. I am looking at the things about living here that are good, amazing and even fun. One example is that you can do a lot of shopping from the car window during traffic jams. I can buy TP, kleenex, apples, matches, plantain chips, water, ant poison, phone cards, and many other things from the hawkers on the main roads. With these things and other steps to dealing with the culture stress, etc. I am in a better place than I was at my last email:) The struggle continues but I know the Lord is with me in the midst of it and that fact alone changes so much.

No comments: