“Whoever has My commands and obeys them, he is the one who loves Me”.

Jesus - John 14:21a

“Following hard after Jesus is the heart’s natural response

when it has been captured and has fallen deeply in love with Him”.

-from “Captivating”


Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Gonna miss this

Who knew that a country song so could accurately reflect what God seems to be teaching me at this stage of life - contentment, accepting where He has me now and not longing for something else. I really want to appreciate this stage of my life in spite of its unsettledness. This song I heard on the radio by Trace Adkins really struck me the other day. The verses talk about a daughter who doesn't seem to see where she is or what she has at the moment but is always longing for something else, something more - first being 18 and an adult, then getting married, then having a bigger house for the kids, then wishing the kids were grown up and moved out....you get the point. Wishing her life away. Missing what is right in front of her. Oh my, I don't want to do that. God has blessed me so much and has so much for me right here and now. I don't want to miss it. Here are the words to the chorus.

" You're gonna miss this
You're gonna want this back
You're gonna wish these days hadn't gone by so fast
These are some good times
So take a good look around
You may not know it now
But you're gonna miss this"

I don't want to look back and regret not appreciating this time back home. I don't want the uncomfortable unsettledness in life to cause me to wish this time away. May God continue to work in me a spirit of contentment regardless of the circumstances.

No comments: