“Whoever has My commands and obeys them, he is the one who loves Me”.

Jesus - John 14:21a

“Following hard after Jesus is the heart’s natural response

when it has been captured and has fallen deeply in love with Him”.

-from “Captivating”


Sunday, May 27, 2007

Ghanaian Money

"Take 1 million out at the ATM." Does that statement shock you? That's what I can take out at the ATM here if I need to. 1 Million! Oh yes, that is 1 million cedis (pronounced see-dees). It would only be about $100 USD (US dollars). It was, of course, odd to see something like a can of coke price at 10,000cedis which is only just over a dollar in USD. It isn't quite a 10 to 1 ratio but close enough to get a good idea of what the actual price is. They are going to be changing the sizes of the bills soon which is good b/c right now 20000 is the largest I have seen and that is only about $2 so my wallet has a lot of bills in it that don't add up to a whole lot of money:)