“Whoever has My commands and obeys them, he is the one who loves Me”.

Jesus - John 14:21a

“Following hard after Jesus is the heart’s natural response

when it has been captured and has fallen deeply in love with Him”.

-from “Captivating”


Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Housing dichotomy

I have posted some pictures next to this entry to try and show you the disparity in housing that I mentioned in my "first impressions" entry. In the first picture you see that I am in an area of new housing and very large homes (5 bedrooms) are being built. I am standing in a newly finished one and taking a picture of one in process and right between them is a tiny shack. That shack is a family's home! In the next picture you see the beautiful home I was standing in and across the street is the shack in the third picture. Does it give you a better idea of what I was trying to describe? It is hard to look at when you are actually here and see the very poor half naked children running around next to these "mansions". May I never forget how greatly the Lord has blessed me b/c even as a missionary, I have so much more than these families. And yet the children wave at us with big smiles on their faces. Down the street from where I am staying is one of these families and my teammates are in the habit of helping them with clothing, etc. We can reach those that the Lord brings across our path. The final picture is representative of the nice houses in the neighborhood and the not so nice streets that they sit on. Rather odd but common.