“Whoever has My commands and obeys them, he is the one who loves Me”.

Jesus - John 14:21a

“Following hard after Jesus is the heart’s natural response

when it has been captured and has fallen deeply in love with Him”.

-from “Captivating”


Thursday, September 20, 2007

A Little Driving Victory

Did you ever notice how very kind and patient the Lord is? I have been so nervous about driving outside of just a couple of routes near my house but the Lord is expanding my horizons. Today Michelle rode with me (brave woman that she is) as we went down the main road to do some errands. I know the Lord helped me b/c I was sure praying for his help. The trip was a success. Amazingly I was able to push my way into traffic, as is common here, and also make a two-wide left hand turn without hitting anyone. If you saw the turn in a picture you would surely think there had been an accident. The car going straight on my left is at my door, next to me on the right is another car that pulled out to turn left and he is blocking the guy coming straight from the other direction. So the two of us turn left into traffic at the same time. It was crazy but I wasn't scared- neither was Michelle. The Lord is good even in helping me to drive. It was a victory and my confidence level has been boosted. It really helped to have Michelle who is a very experience driver in Africa in the car. Little by little I will expand my horizons and so grateful that the Lord is with me each step- no matter what happens.

On a completely different note. I have to say that right now as I am writing we are being pummeled by rain with some seriously dark grey/green skies. Yikes. It is the kind of rain that seems to come in waves or sheets. I think I am stuck in the office for awhile:) I may have to build an ark.

No comments: