“Whoever has My commands and obeys them, he is the one who loves Me”.

Jesus - John 14:21a

“Following hard after Jesus is the heart’s natural response

when it has been captured and has fallen deeply in love with Him”.

-from “Captivating”


Friday, September 21, 2007

More Driving Adventures

Well today I ventured even farther from East Legon into the area of Accra called Osu. This was definitely a big deal for me as Osu is where lots of tourist places are as well as restaurants, shops, etc. It is one of the busiest places in town. But before I get to the success part, let's talk about the one-way street nearer home:) Michelle and I went to the near-by store called Game. It is at a new (and nice) shopping mall. Basically the store is like a Wal-Mart but I don't think the prices are quite as good. All is fine and good going to Game except they didn't have what we needed (cartridges for the printer). So we have to go way down to Osu in the middle of the day to get what we need from the computer store. Coming out of Game and getting onto the actual main road to do this was a little challenging. Even Michelle wasn't exactly sure how to do it and so the first major turn I took on the interchange was going the wrong way. Basically I turned to go down an up ramp from the highway. Fortunately we saw this right at the top of the road (and a few kind people hollered that we were going the wrong way) so we weren't too far down to turn around. I am glad Michelle was with me b/c I was able to laugh and get going the right way and my nerves weren't shot. It might have been a little different if I had been alone. So as I said in an earlier post the Lord keeps helping me and giving me courage. It is now starting to be fun as I whip around people and potholes to whichever side of the street seems to work best. I don't worry about stop signs b/c there really aren't any and today I got to use my horn. What fun! I was coming off a circle and was facing a car almost in my lane going around a stopped car, a car trying to turn left across my lane and then two silly guys on bikes in the middle of the road who were quite wobbly. Poor Michelle. She did gasp a tad as I honked, swerved and kept on going. Gotta love that horn. But I still am not quite ready to venture too far alone. That will come with time. It isn't so much the actual driving that makes me hesitate as much as not always knowing where I am going and not being sure that the car I am borrowing right now (Margaret's old one) is completely reliable. These things also require dependence and trust in the Lord. As with anything though, the more I do it, the more comfortable I become.

No comments: