“Whoever has My commands and obeys them, he is the one who loves Me”.

Jesus - John 14:21a

“Following hard after Jesus is the heart’s natural response

when it has been captured and has fallen deeply in love with Him”.

-from “Captivating”


Monday, October 20, 2008

One of the best things about being in Memphis - and staying an extra week in MS - was that I got to see Ama when she came to visit Mags. Ama was my Twi teacher in Ghana. She has been in the states for about 4 months and returns to Ghana in Nov. This was her coming around the corner with Mags...just before she screamed loudly when she saw I was there. We surprised her:) It was great.





Ama and me...and Mags' shadow:)













A week ago Sunday was the Chicago Marathon. One of my very best friend's, Brenda, ran in it. I was down town with her husband, Mike, sister, Stacey and brother-in-law, Mark, to cheer her on. We ran from mile marker to mile marker to stay ahead of her and cheer her as she ran by. Ok, I didn't really run but I did a seriously fast walk for about 3.5 miles at one point. Here she is almost to the finish line. One mile to go and still smiling!




Brenda and me after the race. She is so sweaty - gross! :)













It was a beautiful sunny fall day in Chicago during the marathon. The fall colors are bursting out all over and they are gorgeous. I love fall! Would be nice if we could jump from fall to spring but alas winter is not far away. Sigh

No comments: