“Whoever has My commands and obeys them, he is the one who loves Me”.

Jesus - John 14:21a

“Following hard after Jesus is the heart’s natural response

when it has been captured and has fallen deeply in love with Him”.

-from “Captivating”


Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Unexpected visitor


Well I don't imagine this has happened in too many of your homes. Sat. morning I walk into the Sonius' living room and see their two guard dogs nosing and sniffing at something furry looking up against the glass on the porch. I can't tell what it is and I am thinking "great a dead animal". So I holler for Miichelle. I mean it's not my house and I am not going out there to see what it is and if it is alive. (Such a chicken aren't I?) Michelle goes on the porch and moves the dogs away but keeps her distance. She says it is a goat. But she isn't sure if it is alive so she hollers for Lee. He comes out and looks at it for a minute before deciding it isn't dead and goes to get it from the dogs. The dogs hadn't hurt it as far as we could tell. Lee picks it up and it kicks it's feet so we know it is ok. But I am thinking "how on earth did this goat get in the yard anyways?" The yard is surrounded by a 6 foot wall. But Lee says that it belongs to the neighbor behind us and it jumped over the wall. No way that little goat jumped a 6 foot wall! Well apparently the neighbors have stacked some cinder blocks up against part of the wall on their side and the little guy climbed up and then jumped over. Quite brazen I must say as there is barbed wire on the top of the wall. And the first surprise the baby had was the very long drop to the ground on the other side of that wall. No cinder blocks on our side. Fortunately it landed in the grass. Then the second and worse surprise - two large German shepherds coming after it. I don't know how it all transpired to get the goat on the front porch from the back yard but I would be extremely surprised if that baby jumps the wall again. Apparently he wasn't the first. Another young goat had done it awhile ago and was saved from sure death or at least injury by Eva b/c she saw it when one of the dogs had it by the throat!! Silly little things. The grass is always greener.... Well I am happy to say that it was ok but I sure hope no more venture into the yard. They may not be as lucky as the last two. (See the picture on the side). They are cute though.