“Whoever has My commands and obeys them, he is the one who loves Me”.

Jesus - John 14:21a

“Following hard after Jesus is the heart’s natural response

when it has been captured and has fallen deeply in love with Him”.

-from “Captivating”


Monday, February 11, 2008

Monday night

Poor Eva has spent more time in the doctor's office lately than in probably her whole life - well maybe not but I am sure she feels like it. I know I do. Today we went to the doctor's office for a follow up visit and he wasn't pleased with her progress. She was still quite ill and very dehydrated despite our best efforts at home to thwart that. After several tests and hours at the doctor's office, he put her on an IV drip to re-hydrate her. Michelle, Eva and I were all thankful that Dr. Kanda could do that at the office as the other option was going to a hospital. We are all now back at home and the patient is resting fairly comfortably. There is still a long ways to go but we are hopeful that the worst is behind us. Margaret has taken over the nursing job from me for the evening and I am grateful for the rest. Eva is working hard at trying to drink and eat even though she really doesn't want to. I can certainly understand that.

I am thankful for the little things today like having our internet back up and working, having electricity right now and knowing that many people are praying for all of us living here. Thank you all for your prayers and for "listening" to me as I write about the weekend. :)

No comments: