“Whoever has My commands and obeys them, he is the one who loves Me”.

Jesus - John 14:21a

“Following hard after Jesus is the heart’s natural response

when it has been captured and has fallen deeply in love with Him”.

-from “Captivating”


Thursday, October 11, 2007

Increasing awareness

Lest you think it is all fun and games here.... (I know you don't think that). As I am driving or riding to different places around town, I am becoming more and more aware of the Muslim influence here. I am seeing mosques in places that I never noticed before. Passing a school yesterday, I watched as the children came pouring out with their headdresses and robes on. Almost everyday as I come home I hear the chanting over some kind of loud speaker not too far from my house. In the night if I happen to be awake I hear it again and again (depends on how often I wake up). In the night especially I pray for God's truth to be revealed to those who are walking in darkness. I don't know what the Lord has planned for this increased awareness but right now praying is the primary thing I am doing. Praying and watching and listening.

This very weekend we have a national holiday. We don't know exactly which day it will be b/c the holiday is for the last day of Ramadan. The last day of Ramadan is determined by the phase of the moon so the holiday may be tomorrow or later in the weekend.

Anyway, just sharing some thoughts and observations. As you pray for me please pray that I would be filled with love and courage.

No comments: