“Whoever has My commands and obeys them, he is the one who loves Me”.

Jesus - John 14:21a

“Following hard after Jesus is the heart’s natural response

when it has been captured and has fallen deeply in love with Him”.

-from “Captivating”


Tuesday, November 27, 2007

More with my parents

Well for some reason I can't get pictures to upload to the blog or flickr as the internet is not behaving. I will keep trying. But in the mean time I will tell you a bit of what my parents have been up to.

Sunday we went to the church that I have been attending called Asbury Dunwell. It was a good service. I was just slightly disappointed that the regular worship leader wasn't there so they didn't get to experience the really awesome music. But what they did hear was pretty good. I think they enjoyed it and they were able to meet three more friends of mine - Jane, Lindsay and Erin. After church we met Lee and Michelle and their boys for lunch at Frankies, ran home for a quick rest and change of clothes, then walked to Lee and Michelle's to ride with them to watch football. We were tired. I am thankful that we took Saturday as our day of rest. Watching the football was a lot of fun. The level of play seemed to be up a notch with good passing and even an awesome goal scored by Hassim using the bicycle kick. It was beautiful. (If you don't know what a bicycle kick is ask someone who plays soccer to give you a good description or even a demonstration!)

Yesterday we did more site seeing around town and I took them to see Amanda - the seamstress - and Yao and his brother - my favorite artists. They bought a few things. Then they decided that I needed a break and some time to rest and do a little work (I think they wanted to try and explore on their own:) - so they took a taxi and went down town to the "tourist" area and did some serious shopping. And made it back home in a taxi without a hitch. I received my birthday present early. A very practical water cooler/heater system. Sadly my stomach problems continue and even Margaret has had some so I decided it was time to do something serious about our water source. We will be getting bottled water from now on. Mom and Dad bought the expensive part - the cooler. A gift I really, really appreciate and hope takes care of the stomach issues. Today Margaret and I contacted the people for the bottles. Please pray that this would take care of these problems. Thanks!

Today Lee and my parents went golfing at the course in Accra. I haven't golfed in so long that it would have been a total exercise in frustration if I had tried at this point. I need lessons again! But everyone did really well and had a great time. Apparently for about $15 you get a caddy to take your bags and drinks, hunt your stray shots, give you the right club and even set the ball on the tee for you. My mother may never be able to golf at Countryside again! They had a really great time and I am so glad. My day was spent running around with Margaret getting stuff for the house and water as mentioned above and then to the office for a few hours of work. It was a productive day for me.

Tomorrow we are driving up to the Volta Region to see the dam and stop at a bead factory. Apparently the whole area is really beautiful. It will be Margaret, Michelle, my parents, another friend, Rebecca, and myself going. We'll have a car full but we will have fun I am sure. I'll let you know how it goes later:) And really hope to have some pictures for you.

No comments: