“Whoever has My commands and obeys them, he is the one who loves Me”.

Jesus - John 14:21a

“Following hard after Jesus is the heart’s natural response

when it has been captured and has fallen deeply in love with Him”.

-from “Captivating”


Monday, November 5, 2007

Our new store

Today Michelle and I went to the new Shoprite store over at the mall. It was so strange and really nice at the same time. The store is basically a miniature super Wal-Mart or Target. But not that small. There is the fruit and vegetable area, meat racks with the nicely packaged saran wrap and then all the aisles of kitchen stuff, dry goods, gardening tools and household things. Really amazing. I haven't seen anything even close to it here. It really felt like I was in Dominick's or Wal-Mart for just a few minutes. The whole mall looks like one in the states. Big stores like Shoprite and Game on the ends and then all these nice little specialty stores down the halls. If they put in a food court it will be so wild! You'd probably have to live here or at least have visited to understand the magnitude of these things. There are small grocery stores here and there but most nationals shop at the outdoor markets or these very tiny, hole-in-the-wall stores that line the streets. So this big mall with all its fancy aisles and workers and sale items is pretty amazing. Personally, I still prefer to go to Mr. Edcees store in Dzorwulu but the mall is nice too. At least I found the light bulbs I needed at Shoprite. And I really felt like an American at there - a nice breather. I even noticed that my walk changed and I relaxed a bit. Hey maybe I do like this more than Edcees. We will see. Of course there was country music playing throughout and that is just a bonus for this redneck princess:)

1 comment:

Nate and Rachelle Dell said...

I remember a mall in Quito that had country music playing most of the time. I would go and just walk the halls to get my country music fill. I had a boss who would always change any radio to the country station and say "I like both kinds of music--Country and Western." And that was all there was in his mind. Funny how those little things gather importance in a foreign culture.

n