“Whoever has My commands and obeys them, he is the one who loves Me”.

Jesus - John 14:21a

“Following hard after Jesus is the heart’s natural response

when it has been captured and has fallen deeply in love with Him”.

-from “Captivating”


Wednesday, April 9, 2008

A time of rest

I was so blessed this past weekend to be able to go to Coconut Grove for a couple of days. My friends, Erin and John, (pictured here) wanted to get away and asked me to join them. It was wonderful. Not only was it great to spend some time with them before they head back to their respective homes (John to CA and Erin to London) but I had some really good time before the Lord while looking at the ocean. I loved getting up early before too many others were awake and sitting with my tea and Bible by the beach. It was a good time of rest and refreshment.


At this time of year the low tide was very low so I was able to walk out pretty far on the rocks to get close to the waves. Unfortunately it was overcast this day so everything is kind of gray. But the neat thing is that we got to see an amazing lightning display in the heavens that night during a storm over the ocean. Unbelievable. No way to capture that on film:)






The beauty of a bright blue ocean and clear sky.

























This is a sea urchin that I unceremoniously dislodged from its peaceful home. We would see hundreds of these on the rocks out in the ocean in front of my childhood home in Liberia, W. Africa. And of course I have had to pull out many quills from my feet and hands then, but not this time. (I did return the poor creature to the water and rocks quickly so no harm done!)

You can see a few more pics through the link on the left. I didn't take too many this time as my focus was on sitting with the Lord and friends.

No comments: