“Whoever has My commands and obeys them, he is the one who loves Me”.

Jesus - John 14:21a

“Following hard after Jesus is the heart’s natural response

when it has been captured and has fallen deeply in love with Him”.

-from “Captivating”


Sunday, April 27, 2008

Tough decisions

Well about a week ago I finally came to the decision - after much prayer and counsel- that instead of staying in Ghana for three years as originally planned, I will be returning to the states after one. It has been really tough to come to this decision as I had to wrestle with my own issues of feeling like a failure, wondering what others will think of me, being a disappointment to my team members, etc. Not to mention that I do like a lot of things about living in Ghana and I will miss some friends here a lot. But as I worked through this process I became more and more convinced that this is what I needed to do and have confidence that it is the right thing. There are many details to work out regarding the house, etc. but I know they will come together in due time. I don't know what the future holds when I get to the states at this point but there are several different options to look at. Once I have gotten some rest and rejuvenation I will begin exploring them and see where God leads. In the meantime I do feel the burden that was on me so heavily since about Feb. has lifted and I am able to enjoy my friends here before they leave. And also I am enjoying living here with a freedom that had been missing for quite some time. In the middle of it all I am anxious to get home and to see what the Lord has for me there. I don't fully understand what seems to be a major change in plans, but I know the Lord knows and therefore I trust Him. Maybe some day it will be clear to me but if not all is still well.

No comments: