“Whoever has My commands and obeys them, he is the one who loves Me”.

Jesus - John 14:21a

“Following hard after Jesus is the heart’s natural response

when it has been captured and has fallen deeply in love with Him”.

-from “Captivating”


Saturday, December 1, 2007

The places we go...

Tonight the ex-patriate community gathered for the "Pre-Christmas Concert" given by a local singing group called "Accragio". And where was this concert? At the French Ambassador's Residence of all places. He is in the group and so hosts several events at his place. And wow what a place! The house is of course fantastic and huge but the grounds are what got me. They are truly sprawling grounds with palm trees, flowering trees, bushes, etc. etc. Just wonderful. I am still in awe of the places that we are invited to. It seems that the ex-patriate community is relatively small or there is a small part of it that seem to go to the same things as I am recognizing several people who are not part of the missionary community. The Tema Youth Choir joined Accragio for the Christmas concert. They are incredible. Professional and beautiful. There was complete freedom to say "Christmas" and sing of Jesus' birth. They even sang the Hallelujah chorus from Handel's "Messiah" and it was awesome. Gave me goosebumps. And it is neat that all proceeds from the concert go to the orphanage in Tema (a city west of Accra). So it was really special treat to be able to attend this concert. I won't be able to go to the one at my home church but I am thankful for what I am able to do.

No comments: