“Whoever has My commands and obeys them, he is the one who loves Me”.

Jesus - John 14:21a

“Following hard after Jesus is the heart’s natural response

when it has been captured and has fallen deeply in love with Him”.

-from “Captivating”


Sunday, June 1, 2008

A few pictures from Liberia

Ps. 19:1 - The heavens declare the glory of God; the skies proclaim the work of his hands.

We were blessed with the most amazing sunset one night. This picture was taken right on the beach in front of the house we were staying in. It is all God's work - not edited or touched up in any way. Isn't He amazing????

This is the home I grew up in. It has been fixed up since the war ended and looks almost exactly the same. My room was the window just to the right of the porch. A couple with Samaritan's Purse lives here and graciously allowed me a "tour" of the inside.





The Africa Mercy ship. We were able to have a tour and meal there and it was really great. They have a crew of about 400 on board and take care of surgical needs for people across West Africa.





These men worked with my father in the pharmacy at ELWA back in the 1970's. John Dekarlea is on my right and John Gaien on my left. It was a great pleasure to be able to go and greet them after 28 years. Needless to say they were extremely surprised to see me:)




Of course I had to put another shot of the ocean. Is it any wonder why I love it so much? This is the type of view that I saw on a regular basis while growing up in Liberia. Just wonderful!


If you go to the "online photo link" on the left, you can see all the uploaded pictures on flickr. I hope you enjoy them.

No comments: