“Whoever has My commands and obeys them, he is the one who loves Me”.

Jesus - John 14:21a

“Following hard after Jesus is the heart’s natural response

when it has been captured and has fallen deeply in love with Him”.

-from “Captivating”


Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Sports Day

This afternoon I went over to the missionary school here, AIS-American International School, to watch some of the sports day activities. It was fun. The last thing for the day was a softball game with the teachers/admin. vs the high school. The calling of pitches behind the plate by the high schoolers was so appalling I had to offer my services as umpire. It was great fun. I haven't umpired or even watched a softball game in ages. I really enjoyed it and everyone had great attitudes. The teachers won 2-0 b/c of a home run each by the men on the team. In Liberia we called these days "field day" and it happened on the grassy area just next to the beach. I loved those days. My best friend Ruby and I were always in competition for the 50 and 100 yard dash. My memory may be shoddy but I think we went back and forth on who won. At the end of the day I do remember that we were both covered in ribbons. Ah the good 'ol days:) It was fun to see the school do this today and for the kids and teachers alike to enjoy it so much. After it was all over there was a big water fight between students and teachers and even the administrator. Since everyone was pretty much drenched in sweat from the unbelievable humidity here, the water felt great!!

No comments: